With so many options available in the market choosing the best 1gbps modem can be tricky for normal customers. Consumers can get overwhelmed by the huge marketplace and end in a place by choosing a wrong product that will not serve its purpose perfectly.
The purpose of this review is to avoid misunderstanding and help the customer with a shortlist of the most popular products of the marketplace by analyzing the features, functions, specifications, customers rating, and reviews.
This review section will help you with the selected list of the most favored and trended items of the marketplace where you can easily check the reviews from the actual customers.
Top 10 Best 1gbps Modem
Here are the top 1gbps modem we picked, check their features.
1. NETGEAR Cable Modem DOCSIS 3.1 (CM1000) Gigabit Modem, Compatible with All Major Cable Providers Including Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox, For Cable Plans
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES – Up to dollar 120 per year;32 downstream and 8 upstream channels for DOCSIS 3.0 connection
- Compatible with Xfinity from Comcast, Cox, Mediacom Cable, and more.
- DOCSIS 3.1 up to 10X faster download speeds than DOCSIS 3.0. DOCSIS 3.1 is OFDM 2×2 plus DOCSIS 3.0 32×8 channel bonding
- Support all cable internet speed tiers, up to Gigabit (1000 Mbps) service. Separate router required for WiFi.
- Not compatible with: Verizon, ATandT, or CenturyLink. Not compatible with bundled voice services.
2. Arris Touchstone CM3200 Cable Modem 32X8 Up to 1Gbps and 1 x Gigabit Ethernet Port CM3200A
- Features Business Services over DOCSIS (BSoD) Support
- DOCSIS 3.0 Certified and Backward Compatible With Previous DOCSIS Versions
- Flexible DS x US Channel Bonding Support (up to 32×8)
- DS Spectrum Analysis, Speed Test, and LEDs for Fast & Easy Troubleshooting
- Supports Wired Download Speeds Up to 1 Gbps and Gigabit Ethernet Port
3. ARRIS SURFboard SB6121 4×4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem (Renewed)-Black
- Requires CABLE Internet Service, if not sure your provider is CABLE call them to confirm. Does NOT work with Charter cable provider.
- Compatible with MOST Major CABLE providers like Comcast/Xfinity, Cox, Time Warner, Mediacom, Bright House.
- This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all original accessories plus a 90-day warranty. IMPORTANT NOTEL: A few units might show the brand as Motorola (and not Arris) as Arris had acquired Motorola for 2 years; hence it will be the same product and the same model
- Wired modem only, does NOT include WIFI Router or VOIP Telephone adapter. Gigabit Ethernet port to connect to computer or Router for fast downloads.
- Internet download speeds up to 172 Mbps and upload speeds up to 131 Mbps based on your Cable provider service. Good for streaming Video and gaming on multiple devices at a time.
4. Netgear Nighthawk CM1100 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem (Renewed)
- Support all cable internet speed tiers up to 2Gps (separate router required for WiFi)
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports with link aggregation support
- Works with Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum
- Meets DOCSIS 3.1 specs. and backward compatible with DOCSIS 3.0
- 32 downstream and 8 upstream channels
- input voltage：100 -240V
5. Hitron CODA DOCSIS 3.1 Modem | Pairs with Any WiFi Router or Mesh WiFi | Certified with Comcast Xfinity, Charter Spectrum, Cox | 10x Faster Than DO
- WORKS with DOCSIS 3.0. This gigabit modem can be used on DOCSIS 3.1 or DOCSIS 3.0 networks.
- FAST STREAMING, CONFERENCING & GAMING – The CODA high speed modem features next gen DOCSIS 3.1 with 2 downstream and 2 upstream OFDM DOCSIS 3.1 channels reducing latency in DOCSIS 3.1 devices.
- STOP RENTING & START SAVING – This internet modem replaces your leased docsis 3.1 modem so you can say Good-bye to equipment rental fees and save up to $168/yr. (Savings shown for Comcast Xfinity and can vary.)
- CERTIFIED to work with Comcast Xfinity, Charter Spectrum, Cox Gigablast, CableOne Sparklight and Zito Media. Not compatible with AT&T, Verizon, CenturyLink, DSL Providers, DISH, DirecTV and any bundled voice service.
- WORKS WITH ANY WIFI ROUTER or WIFI MESH: Pair with a WiFi Router with this 3.1 DOCSIS Modem to connect all of your WiFi devices to the Internet. This cable internet modem does NOT have a built-in wireless router.
- 10x FASTER SPEEDS than DOCSIS 3.0. This DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem is best for Cable Internet Speeds Plans up to 2 Gbps. Note: 2nd IP Address is required from your Cable Internet Service Provider to reach 2 Gbps.
- EASY TO SETUP… in 3 simple steps: Plug in the provided COAX cable to an active cable outlet, then connect the power supply. Plug in the Ethernet cable to your WiFi Router or WiFi Mesh system.
- BUILT FOR PERFORMANCE and RELIABILITY. Hitron brings over 30 years of experience to your home and is a worldwide leader in DOCSIS computer networking modems and routers.
6. ARRIS Surfboard SB6190 32×8 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with 1.4 Gbps Download and 262 Upload Speeds, White (Non-Retail Packaging) (Renewed)
- Easily setup your modem with the SURFboard Central app
- One 1-Gigabit Ethernet Port
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS 3.0 bonded channels.
- Compatible with Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity and other major U.S. cable internet providers.
- DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem best for cable internet speed plans up to 600 Mbps.
7. Netgear Gigabit Cable Modem (32×8) DOCSIS 3.1 | for XFINITY by Comcast, Cox. Compatible with Gig-Speed from Xfinity – CM1000-1AZNAS (Renewed)
- System Requirements- Cable broadband Internet service, Please check your cable Internet service provider web site for data speed tier compatibility and to ensure it provides DOCSIS 3.1 service, otherwise this modem will only work as a DOCSIS 3.0 modem,Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, or other operating systems running a TCP/IP network, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- Support all cable internet speed tiers, up to Gigabit (1000 Mbps) service. Separate router required for Wi-Fi
- Docsis 3. 1 up to 10x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 3. 0. Docsis 3. 1 is OFDM 2×2+ DOCSIS 3. 0 32×8 channel bonding
- CM1000-1AZNAS is not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink. Not compatible with cable bundled voice services
- Eliminate monthly cable Modem rental fees – up to $156 per year. Meets DOCSIS 3. 1 specifications and is backward compatible with DOCSIS 3. 0 networks
8. Motorola MB8611 DOCSIS 3.1 Multi-Gig Cable Modem | Pairs with Any WiFi Router | Approved for Comcast Xfinity, Cox Gigablast, Spectrum | 2.5 Gbps Po
- Fast streaming, conferencing, gaming – Applies Active Queue Management (AQM) for reduced Internet latency and better app performance, including online gaming, conferencing, and streaming.
- Ultra-fast DOCSIS 3.1 performance – Delivers true Gigabit-plus speeds. Supports fast internet plans with Comcast Xfinity, Cox, and Spectrum. Backward compatible with 32×8 DOCSIS 3.0.
- Built for reliability – Motorola is a worldwide leader in technology people depend on. Comes with a 2-year warranty and free support from our team of USA technicians.
- Multi-gigabit Ethernet speed – A 2.5 GB Ethernet port delivers true high-speed connectivity to even the fastest routers and computers, providing downstream speeds just below 2,500 Mbps and upstream speeds up to 800 Mbps when supported by your internet service plan.
- Extreme cost savings – Owning your own modem typically saves the home $168 per year in monthly rental charges. (Savings described is for Comcast Xfinity and vary by service provider.)
- Pairs with any WiFi router – Seamlessly compatible with any WiFi router to connect all your devices. This cable modem does NOT have a built-in wireless router or telephone call capability.
9. NETGEAR Nighthawk Multi-Gig Cable Modem CM2000 – Compatible with all Cable Providers incl. Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox | For Cable Plans Up to 2.5Gbps |
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: Engineered with DOCSIS 3.1 32×8 channel bonding and OFDM(A) 2×2.
- MULTI-GIG ETHERNET: 1 x 2.5Gbps Ethernet port for the fastest, true multi-gig Internet connections.
- WORKS WITH ANY WIFI ROUTER, BEST WITH WIFI 6: Connect any WiFi router to this modem’s Ethernet port to support all your wireless devices. For the fastest Internet, connect to a NETGEAR WiFi 6 router or Orbi Mesh system.
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including Xfinity, COX and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, ATandT, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- BUILT FOR FASTEST MULTI-GIG SPEEDS: Best for cable provider plans up to 2.5Gbps
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Replaces your cable modem saving you up to dollar 168/yr in equipment rental fees.
10. ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit Cable Modem | Approved for Cox, Xfinity, Spectrum & others | White , Max Internet Speed Plan 1000 Mbps
- 32 downstream x 8 upstream DOCSIS 3 0 bonded channels, 2 downstream x 2 upstream OFDM DOCSIS 3 1 channels
- Two 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Cable internet service required; Does not inlcude Wi-Fi and does not support cable digital voice service
- Not compatible with ATT, Verizon, CenturyLink or other DSL or Fiber internet providers
- DOCSIS 3 1 Cable Modem best for cable internet speed plans up to 2 Gbps. Note, a 2nd IP address is required from your cable internet provider to reach 2 Gbps.
How to Choose the Best 1gbps modem: Buying Guide
When it comes to choosing the right 1gbps modem, you should be assured that you are making the right choice. Understanding about the product before buying it is the most important part. Sometimes with so many options, evaluating the right choice at the right moment can be problematic.
So, check out the buying guide to overcome all the hassle of finding your best solution.
Features of the 1gbps modem
The first thing to check out on any product is the feature. You have to locate the useful features that will come in handy in your needs. Sometimes a product can be filled with tons of features to look good on normal eyes but their features can be worthless in practical use.
So, before choosing the right item you need to evaluate the features from the feature section and the description section to see if you are going to use them or not. If the products come with some of the efficient features, you can undoubtedly choose them.
Check the Specifications
Sometimes, we don’t have enough time to check on the specification section and are quickly drawn to buy a product. While the products we are suggesting here are the best ones according to the users, we still suggest taking a look at the specifications.
The specifications of the 1gbps modem will let you informed about the uses and advantages of using the products. You can then determine if that can fulfill the purpose of your needs.
Yes, there can be a few problems understanding the whole specification section if it is too long. What we suggest is to look for the key features, performance, how much the products going to cost and their after-sale services.
Design of Product
The market is full of wonderful products, and it can be tough to decide which one to choose. However, the first impression you can make of the item is the overall design.
You can check out the material, finish, color, and other visual aspects of the product to get a taste of the manufacturer. If you like the overall design, you can check out other factors before choosing the item.
Seller Rank in the Marketplace
If you buying the products from our shortlisted table, then one thing you can consider is to check the seller rank. A trendy and growing product means it is delivering good performances to most of the customers.
And better trends and growth of selling means better seller rank. And 1gbps modem from a good seller rank will ensure not only good quality of the item but also a better after-sale service and good warranty service if available.
Durability and Stability of the Product
You need to check out the description and reviews section to see how durable and stable the product is. A good product will be durable, will last longer, and will provide stable uses throughout its lifetime.
The 1gbps modem we have suggested have mostly been made in a way to last longer with providing stable performance in uses, but the best thing is to click the item and check out the stability and durability according to your personal need.
User Friendliness and Comfort
No one wants discomfort and critical toughness when using a product. Comfort is one of the most important considerations when choosing the 1gbps modem. Most of the products that are selected in this article are popular which means have better served the most users.
So, we are certain that these products are comfortable and user-friendly enough to satisfy most customers. But you can watch each of the products on our list to see which fulfills your satisfaction the most.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the Price Range for 1gbps modem?
The item can come with several cost ranges. The price can go up depending on the quality of the items and the ability to last longer periods, functions, specifications, features, and reliability.
The modern marketing trends have left us with little clues on the actual price. Sometimes a product manufactured cheaply can cost a lot more than a quality one. Some manufacturers spend more on marketing than manufacturing creating better reach and less quality.
So, you should compare the price of the products from our review segment to select the best features, quality, and performance of the product in a certain price range.
Why Should You Buy the 1gbps modem?
If you need an item, then understanding the scenario is simple. But if you are not, then think sensibly if the benefits of this product will certainly fulfill your need. Ask yourself, why do you want to have the product.
What we have suggested in our top pick is the best items according to many users. If you have made up your mind, then you can read the reviews of the customers before choosing the right item.
When Should I Buy a New 1gbps modem?
There can always be a question if:
Is it the right time to buy the 1gbps modem, or you should wait for few times to see if the right products have been launched to serve your need?
It is pretty difficult to determine if the products that are actually on the marketplace are the best, or the best items are yet to come. But the suggested products are popular and have very good reviews from a lot of customers.
So, if you need the product right now, wasting any time is not sensible.
Which Type of 1gbps modem is the Best?
There are different types of 1gbps modem in the marketplace. Understand your need first. Which type of this product will be most beneficial to you. You can also go through the product list and see their reviews, pros, cons, and then select the best type of items for now.
I hope our product table, review section, and buying guide will help you determine the right items for your need. If you are looking for the best 1gbps modem then there are multiple options from our product list.
You can go check out the short features of these items from our review to pick one or two to check for further reviews. Click these products and see the reviews of the customers, description of the products, and rating of it to make a final decision for buying it.